[guardian-dev] ChatSecure

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Aug 26 12:33:24 EDT 2013

On 08/26/2013 04:07 AM, Abel Luck wrote:
> The problem is OTR, as Moxie illustrates in the blog.

Once you establish that first session though, whats to keep you from
maintaining those keys until the next time you see the person online?

I have to believe that I at least have to share "online" window with
most of the people I interact with on a daily basis. If my app can
notice someone online who I want to establish or refresh an OTR session
with, why not just do it then?

As always, Moxie's work is innovative and groundbreaking, but I am still
unsure if modifications to OTR are really necessary, or if we just need
our apps to be a bit smarter, and less desktop-centric, in how they
implement it.

+n