[guardian-dev] Moving beyond XMPP

Leonardo Nc lenieco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 15:01:29 EST 2013

I think that what would be really useful, would be putting encryption into
the official Whatsapp client, like a plugin. Having a different client will
not make that people who use whatsapp chat securely, many people just don't
care enough about privacy as for using another chat client, but if they
could chat securely with their usual whatsapp client there will no reason
for not doing it.

I don't know all the technical issues that this involve or if this is even
possible, but I think this would be great because a lot of people will
start using encryption and defending their privacy almost without knowing
what they are doing.

I think my english is not very good, but I hope you get the idea.