[guardian-dev] git+redmine workflow idea for handling closing issues

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Dec 11 11:15:37 EST 2013

So we can write "fixes #1234" or "closes #1234" in a git commit message, and
the redmine issue tracker will parse that and respond accordingly.  The
question that is still remains for me is whether "fixes #1234" or "closes
#1234" should set the issue to Resolved or Closed.

I was thinking for this workflow:
https://guardianproject.info/2013/11/21/a-tag-team-git-workflow-that-incorporates-auditing/

It might make sense to manually set the issue to Resolved once the person
coding it thinks its done.  That person would then include "closes #1234" in
the commit message.  Then after another dev on that project reviews the commit
and pushes it to the main upstream git repo, redmine would get the commit and
close the issue.