[guardian-dev] New euphemism from 4SQ slideshow

William Gray wgray at zetetic.net
Tue Dec 17 15:28:45 EST 2013

On Dec 13, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Lee Azzarello <lee at guardianproject.info> wrote:

> "Data Exhaust" is used to refer to the information output from
> smartphone sensors.
>
> https://vimeo.com/79911529
>
> It's about half way into the video.
>
> -lee

Man, I love that term. I've definitely heard it before, but I'm having a hard time remembering where / the first time.

Although I haven't heard it used to refer to the output of smartphone sensors, more to describe the wake of information we (people) tend to leave behind using any networked services, like a slowly spreading wake behind a boat.

I love etymology.