[guardian-dev] CyanogenMod 11 bundling TextSecure

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Sun Dec 22 15:45:33 EST 2013

Hi,

> if it happens since the RedPhone backend is proprietary and cannot
> federate to other VoIP providers. That might not be a problem for the
> majority of the user base but it doesn't differentiate RedPhone from
> Google Hangouts, FB Chat or Skype.
Well, as far as I know, Moxie is willing to opensource RedPhone server,
so the "only" problem will be peering between different providers. Which
is basically the same problem traditional telecom operators have now -
they are using almost the same technology, but need to exchange traffic.

Regards,

Matej