[guardian-dev] Gibberbot

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Feb 4 17:14:51 EST 2013

On 02/04/2013 11:57 PM, Tolo wrote:
> I'm going to jump onto this thread (I have been following  this mailing
> list for some time now) cause I also want to provide translation and
> localization for Arabic across the project if possible.

Hi, Tolo, that is great! We have strived to have localized versions of
our all our apps, especially targeting languages like Arabic. Currently,
I think we are doing fairly well with our core apps, Orbot, Orweb and
Gibberbot. We can even support Arabic on devices that don't support it
natively.

> loved ones rely on secure(r) apps but without localisation, many are
> lost in the mix so I would also like some info on how I can start
> working on this since it would be most impactful.

Everything is on Transifex, which has a nice web-based form system for
adding and updating localizations:

https://www.transifex.com/accounts/profile/guardianproject/

For example, here are the Arabic strings for Gibberbot:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gibberbot/resource/stringsxml/l/ar/view/

If you create an account and login, you can provide your own edits.

> I would love to contribute with code as well, but I'm not sure my skills
> are up to par yet. I will try to get some simple low hanging easy fixes
> contributed once my work clears up.

Translation, testing and awareness building is as important as writing
code. Glad to have your support and feedback.

+n