[guardian-dev] Gibberbot

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Feb 4 17:46:00 EST 2013

On 02/04/2013 11:37 PM, Matej Kovacic wrote:> I would like to do some
localisation (to slovenian language). How can I
> do that? I have found Transifex, where are some XML files, but I don't
> know can I simply edit them, where to send them when they are done or
> are there some translation tools like POEdit (I was working on several
> Linux localisation projects).

You need to sign up for a Transifex account. From there, you can access
a web-based form for adding and updating localisations. You should be
able to add new locales yourself, but if not, let me know, and I can get
it setup.

> Another question is related to a Gibberbot bug/issue #183. The problem
> persist on my mobile phone too, but it seems problem is resolved in
> upcoming v11 release. The question is: when v11 will be released?

It will be done, when it is done! We do hope to have it out soon. There
were some new UI features we were adding, that expanded the scope a bit.
Hope to finish those up in the next week.

> BTW: I was unable to find any nightly builds.

We used to have nightly/automated builds, but due to the fact that we
are releasing secure software, we were worried about producing builds
w/o any proper verification or signing by a human.

You can find the dev project and alpha/beta builds here:
https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/gibberbot

> There is another two big usability issues I have found... The first one
> is the fact that is it not possible to set custom nickname for a contact

Thanks for filing the ticket. We will consider this for a future
release. Is there a specific reason you need this, other than it being
just a nice thing to do? Do people often rename their contacts?

> And another is a lack of option to set OTR settings per contact. So not
> just to have a general OTR settings (forced, attempt, never), but option
> to set different OTR policy for each contact.

Hmm, interesting. I can see how that could be useful.

> Anyway, Gibberbot looks great, keep doing good work!

Thanks for the feedback and support!

+n