[guardian-dev] IOCipher ContentProvider for streaming data without writing to SD card

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Thu Feb 7 08:23:41 EST 2013

I apologize for the delay in replying -- I was on vacation.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<hans at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> Thanks to Commonsware for the very straightforward example:
> https://github.com/commonsguy/cw-omnibus/tree/master/ContentProvider/Pipe

I'm glad that it was useful!

> This above example is limited in size to 64k, so my task tomorrow is
> implementing a threaded backing to the pipe to feed the whole file bit by bit.

If you happen to get this working, let me know, as I'd love to see it.

> Has anyone played with this stuff that can confirm that a) this is not being
> written to disk anywhere and b) it is a good method for doing this?

a) It shouldn't be written to disk, though confirming this would
require wading through much more of the Android innards than I am
qualified to grok

b) It's certainly how I'd try to attack the problem, FWIW

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.5 Available!