[guardian-dev] Adding IOCipher to Orweb

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Fri Feb 8 09:33:36 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Nathan of Guardian
<nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> At some point though, you will want to open the file from the Orweb secure
> download storage, and view it in another app. I am not quite sure how to
> handle that yet, other than building in custom viewers directly into Orweb.
>
> Thoughts?

Use a ContentProvider:

https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/guardian-dev/2013-February/001279.html
http://stackoverflow.com/a/14734310/115145

If you run into IOCipher-specific issues with this technique, we can
probably cook up a fix.

You'll probably want to use path permissions to provide limited read
access, so the ContentProvider cannot be used to read arbitrary stuff.
I don't have a sample of that at present, though I'll try to work on
one today (modulo one blizzard).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in DC: http://marakana.com/training/android/