[guardian-dev] Adding IOCipher to Orweb

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Feb 8 11:23:56 EST 2013

Sounds like a great project for IOCipher!

Yeah, the viewing part is tricky.  I have a working VIEW/SEND intents that do
not write to disk, but instead pipe the data to the receiving app.  But the
receiving app can easily just write it to disk upon receiving it.  The PDF
viewer that I was testing with did just that.

Seems like we should start some standard intents for secure viewing, then have
a whitelist of apps that are trusted to receive data via that secure VIEW
intent.  I guess that could be handled by defining custom android permissions
that the viewers would have to ask for.

.hc