[guardian-dev] python-potr: another PSST-related lib accepted into Debian

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Feb 18 11:08:37 EST 2013

My python-potr Debian package has just been accepted into the official Debian
repositories.  That means it'll also be included in Ubuntu, Mint, etc.
python-potr is a pure python implementation of OTR.  We use it in
otrfilecoverter to handle OTR keys.  It is also used by the gajim IM app to
provide OTR chat.  I recommend gajim for anyone who wants a very friendly
GNOME XMPP app that supports OTR.  Its got a much nicer interface than pidgin,
and also supports PGP.  Unfortunately, it only supports XMPP.

Next up on this front: packaging the gajim-otr plugin itself so that there is
a trusted method for installing gajim.  I've already been talking with gajim
packagers and developers, so this should pretty easy to do.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-potr.html