[guardian-dev] usability testing of Gibberbot v11 alpha 4

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Wed Feb 20 06:40:55 EST 2013

hi,

> If this isn't working for you, then there is a bug!
Yes, it is working, but I didn't noticed it.

> https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/blob/master/doc/comps/20110415/gibberbot_ui_chat.png
> I think v12 is the right time to get it done!
That looks great.

> verification process for certs we don't automatically trust, and a
> pop-up will be displayed to ask if you would like to trust it. We are
> using the excellent MemorizingTrustManager library for this:
> https://github.com/ge0rg/MemorizingTrustManager
>
> I *think* what you are asking for is to be able to check *every* cert
> manually, either during first login, or at any time?
Yes, and the preferred option would be to remember the certificate hash
value, so after next login there would be no need to manually recheck.

But when hash value would change (for any reason), user should be warned
about that and asked to re-check.

Regards,

Matej