[guardian-dev] NoteCipher pull request on guthub

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Tue Jan 8 03:15:21 EST 2013

Andy Nicholson:
> Hi friends,
>
> I just initiated a pull request [1] on github for NoteCipher. I
> installed it recently on my Android v4 phone and it didnt work, so I
> took it as a challenge to get involved more :)
>
> I eventually realised that it needed an upgrad of sqlcipher for android
> , and then eventually after fixing it on a fork of master, of course
> then I found the v2 branch - in which that was already done, plus more
> work refactoring the app :)
> I've merged with that branch, made a few bug-fixes for the app not to
> crash out, and for the password dialog to work as intended (keep asking
> for a password that works) [2.*]
>
> Whats the story with the app and its maintenance? Seems a few people
> have noticed its not working on Android v4 and are leaving comments on
> the app store. Im happy to help out with this app and get it updated and
> published.. let me know if the group wants to take it further.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> [1] https://github.com/guardianproject/notepadbot/pull/10
> [2 .1]
> https://github.com/andynicholson/notepadbot/compare/guardianproject:master...andynicholson:master
>
>     .2]
> https://github.com/andynicholson/notepadbot/compare/guardianproject:v2...andynicholson:master
> [ v2 diffs only ]

Thanks for the contributions! This app has been quite neglected for
awhile now as we focus our energies on other projects. Just goes to show
that any software project, no how simple or small, needs continuous love
and care.

As FOSS project we shouldn't have to say this, but we love contributions
from the community :D Looks like n8fr8 is managing your pull request on
git. Hopefully we can get that compatibility issue sorted out.

If you're willing to take it further, by all means!

~abel