[guardian-dev] Seeking Feedback on SSL Material

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Jan 9 11:45:08 EST 2013

On 01/09/2013 08:36 PM, Mark Murphy wrote:
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and once again, I apologize if
> this is not an appropriate use for this list.

This is a great list for this. Thanks for sharing!

One thing that we are doing in Gibberbot v11 code is chaining
TrustManager's together, so that if OK's StrongTrustManager cannot
verify a certificate, we fail over to Ge0rg's MemorizingTrustManager.

https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/commit/55ebc65e37c9b94b7bc601fff05e0763fe0141e0#L4L815

The ability to chain TrustManager's is a general purpose feature, but I
am not sure if there are that many possible ways or reasons to use it,
other than what I have described above.

Thoughts on including this in your writeup?

+n