[guardian-dev] Seeking Feedback on SSL Material

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Wed Jan 9 12:41:30 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Nathan of Guardian
<nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> On 01/09/2013 08:36 PM, Mark Murphy wrote:
> This is a great list for this.

Well, that's a relief. Thanks!

> One thing that we are doing in Gibberbot v11 code is chaining
> TrustManager's together, so that if OK's StrongTrustManager cannot
> verify a certificate, we fail over to Ge0rg's MemorizingTrustManager.
>
> https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/commit/55ebc65e37c9b94b7bc601fff05e0763fe0141e0#L4L815
>
> The ability to chain TrustManager's is a general purpose feature, but I
> am not sure if there are that many possible ways or reasons to use it,
> other than what I have described above.
>
> Thoughts on including this in your writeup?

I didn't mention it in the OnionKit coverage simply so that it didn't
feel like I was totally parroting your GitHub repo's README. :-)

I thought I had mentioned the concept of chaining TrustManagers, but
apparently I deleted that. I'll look to put that back in and will make
mention of it with respect to OnionKit.

Thanks again!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)