[guardian-dev] WOT and Authentication Research

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:05:33 EST 2013

Can we have anonymous signatures?

Could we do something useful with RSA and Chaumian blinding? Or could we
possibly sign things in such a way that the recipient (the friend who can
see what I have signed) must give up his private key to prove to others
that I was the signer? Though secure multiparty computation probably screws
up that latter method of keeping my signatures from being linked to me,
unless the algorithm to check the signatures give you a result that can't
be verified computionally, just by the user.

And by the way, Zooko's triangle remains relevant. A public key is not
human readable or rememberable. A username isn't globally unique without
central servers (I'd count email addresses here). Ditch both the central
servers and the memory unfriendly keys and you have no security. Tie a key
to a name and you still don't get unique usernames.