[guardian-dev] WOT and Authentication Research

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:04:52 EST 2013

Ok, so secure multiparty computing is officially my new favorite toy. So
here is how I'd make the signatures anymous enough;

First of all, we can't have signatures that can be tied to you after the
fact in any way if somebody gets a copy of them. So they can't be standard
signatures from your main keypair. The easy fix is to untie the keypair you
sign things with from your main keypair and yet prove to those close to you
that those signatures comes from you.

So, for each set of signatures that you are ok with being linked (if friend
A and B meets, are you sure you want them to know which signatures you've
shared with them both? absolutely sure?), make a separate keypair and prove
that this keypair is yours. Sign what you need with those keypairs. And the
secure and authenticated method of transfer to your friends, which can't be
tied to you afterwards?

Two-way challenge-and-response with your main keypair, and then the new
keypair with the signatures is passed along with it, all done inside the
SMPC virtual machine. The recipient knows it came from you but can not
prove it later, and nobody else can either.

Paranoid enough? I don't mind the keys being spread on keyservers in this
scheme, because each keypair won't (or at least shouldn't) be shared with
more than just a few people. People can't say for sure the signature came
from me.