[guardian-dev] WOT and Authentication Research

Patrick Baxter patch at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 22 21:18:43 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using secure multiparty computation or an equavilent scheme, you can send
> data to another person while proving it came from you at the time of
> transmission but making it impossible to verify that it came from you
> *after* the transmission.

So this would allow you to share a signature with a friend, but
prevent a friend from sharing it with someone else. If i'm looking at
this right, in a distributed WOT, this would be a way of sharing a
signature that will only be used by the person you directly share it
with and enforce the fact that they cannot share it with someone else.

This is probably obvious, but it wouldn't' be meaningful to share a
anonymous signature with a key-server I think. But, this is definitely
an useful feature for a users to selectively share signatures. Maybe

> Now this won't really be a *web* of trust. There's just one step. But you
> *could* pass on these signatures with their public keys to others, making it
> come a bit closer.

Do you mean that the anonymous signer could just continue to share it
with individuals he/she chooses? The person that is presented with the
anonymous signature couldn't' re-share, correct?