[guardian-dev] [Guardian-dev] Releasing an Android package

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Jul 22 19:44:00 EDT 2013

(I think guardian-dev would be a better place for this discussion, so I moved
it here)

Sounds like a good idea to me, if you've already run it by the Linphone devs.
 The next step is getting the build working on our Jenkins, and configuring
the build to be Free Software so we can legally distribute it.  This is often
an annoying thing when dealing with codecs, since many of them are distributed
"open source" but with non-free licenses or patent issues.

iLBC used to be non-free, so people scraped the RFC, since RFCs are required
to be public, I believe.  Looks like Google has acquired iLBC and made it
BSD-licensed, so now its free and the actual sources could be committed into
git and built in.

.hc