[guardian-dev] Code License

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jul 23 14:35:23 EDT 2013

The james/license.txt looks like a free license to me, but with one odd
requirement: "Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions, all files included with the source code, and
the following disclaimer." So that means the entirely source code of that
project needs to be included in the PixelKnot git repo.

The "in plain english" part looks like the Indepdendent JPEG Group's license:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ijg

As for converting to Java, if the code was copying into Java, then yes, its
covered by copyright.  If the Java code was inspired by the C code, then it is
not bound by the C code's license.

.hc