[guardian-dev] Silent Text for Android - interesting feature

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Jul 26 11:46:38 EDT 2013

On 07/26/2013 11:38 AM, Matej Kovacic wrote:
> this is proprietary software (I think it is not opensourced yet), but
> has one interesting feature - burning notices (deleting messages after
> the other party received it).

I do understand why a "this message will self destruct" feature is
desirable, but I just can't bring myself to try and implement one.

In short, do you want a remote mobile phone to be able to send a message
to your mobile phone that it should delete an entry in your secure and
encrypted local database?

I suppose if you have a verified OTR connection, it does mean you trust
the person you are communicating with, but otherwise, this sounds like
DRM and/or a backdoor to me.

+n