[guardian-dev] Tox.im

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Jul 30 10:11:35 EDT 2013

On 07/29/2013 07:57 PM, Vibrate HackForums wrote:
> I found an application on the Android market that also said it was
> secure. Is sureshot encrypted messenger legit?

I am sorry, but we don't have time to go through all of the projects and
apps out there to say X is secure but Y is not.

The only thing we can say is that we strive to make our app, Gibberbot,
and other apps we directly work with (ChatSecure and TextSecure), as
secure as possible, through auditing, testing and contribution of code.

We also only really are interested in solutions that are:

1) open-source

2) built on known, vetted approaches

3) inter-operable / built-on open standards when possible

4) have been around long enough that we know the core devs are serious

+n