[guardian-dev] Adding IOCipher to Orweb

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Mon Jun 10 15:42:29 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<hans at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> Did you ever have any luck putting together this example? I hope to be digging
> into this stuff again soon.

If you mean a sample of a ContentProvider protecting its content, but
selectively allowing access, then yes:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cw-omnibus/tree/master/ContentProvider/GrantUriPermissions

The keys are the manifest settings, which control what portions of the
content could possibly be allowed to be accessed sans permission, and
the addFlags(Intent.FLAG_GRANT_READ_URI_PERMISSION) on the Intent used
with startActivity(), to grant that specific other app access to some
piece of content.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Localized Android Question-and-Answer Sites: http://www.andglobe.com