[guardian-dev] Android/Eclipse questions: multiple dependencies to same .jar across libraries

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Tue Jun 18 15:16:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Harlo Holmes
<harlo at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> How do i fix multiple dependencies in libraries?  I can't compile a current
> project because i'm using various libraries that all depend on different
> versions of the android-support-v4.jar. I know i can remove the duplicates,
> but they're not my libraries, so i can't really maintain the proper version
> of the .jar across all of them.

You don't have much of a choice. All of those libraries need to be
updated to use the same android-support-v4.jar (typically the latest),
and that usually means that you modify those libraries yourself.
That's a Java thing, which Android exacerbates.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.9 Available!