[guardian-dev] an idea for removing meta data from a server which establishes connections between two clients.

Tim Prepscius timprepscius at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:58:19 EDT 2013

I am just responding to a concern I heard raised.
Nothing else.

As far as the bandwidth.  It is true it will raise bandwidth.
But if the messages are small enough, it might not matter?
Also, it of course depends on the replication count, 5, 10, 50..
And the frequency of with which it occurs.

Something to work out on paper with actual numbers.

If you are worried about the bandwidth of a central point, this
bandwidth could be "fanned" out to sub nodes, so that the bandwidth of
the central hub remains the same as without replication.

Anyhow,

Just presenting an idea.  Take it, modify it, or leave it.

-tim