[guardian-dev] Building Gibberbot

Lee Azzarello lee at rockingtiger.com
Fri Mar 8 15:39:56 EST 2013

Hello,

Nathan and Miron? This is for you two.

I would like to build Gibberbot from today's source. I imported the
project and I got a number of errors that I suspect are caused by some
class path settings but I don't know enough about Eclipse to debug
them.

I already have a full dev environment set up and I've built and ran a
number of other programs. CSipSimple in this case, which also uses
ActionBarSherlock.

Here are the errors I encountered after cleaning the project after the
initial import.

1)
In res/values/styles.xml, there are a number of errors with the word
"Sherlock" in them. For example:

error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that
matches the given name 'Theme.Sherlock.Light'. styles.xml
/Gibberbot/res/values line 22 Android AAPT Problem

2)
I get a type error in XmppConnection.java It sounds like there's a
class dependency that's not included in the source?

MemorizingTrustManager cannot be resolved to a type
XmppConnection.java
/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp line 925
Java Problem

3)
I get another type error in AccountActivity.java about the OrbotHelper

OrbotHelper cannot be resolved to a type AccountActivity.java
/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app line 273 Java
Problem

4)
I can't resolve the variable R. I don't know why this is happening
because I have other Android projects with the R.* stuff imported
properly and building fine.

R cannot be resolved to a variable AboutActivity.java
/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui line 20 Java Problem

I'll poke around to find some resolution for these names. I don't
think the solution is that difficult but I can't find any
documentation about it.

Thanks,
Lee