[guardian-dev] OTR4j and OTRv3

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Sat Mar 16 11:14:05 EDT 2013

Hey folks,

Since OTRv3 features are critical for several of our projects, I'd like
to prod this topic again.

AFICT there's been no work on OTRv3 by the android OTR4j dev [1]. Miron
started a bit [2][3], but it is incomplete and needs to be pushed upstream.

Moreoever, it looks like some additional work as been done by the
original authors at (this is the non Android version) [4].

But nothing regarding v3 yet.

Miron or gpolitis:

Could you estimate how much work will be required to finish the OTRv3
implementation?

Cheers,
~abel

[1]: https://github.com/gpolitis/otr4j/issues/4