[guardian-dev] Messaging Moving Forward

Chris Ballinger chrisballinger at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:41:06 EDT 2013

I vote #1, but perhaps with some elements of #2 (not the closed source part
though).

The major pain point of ChatSecure is the lack of server side push
messaging, so perhaps we could build open server extensions on top of XMPP
 to federate direct push messages between compatible clients. iOS apps can
only be sent push messages from the developer directly (via a PKI interface
to Apple), so we would need to create a system that allows other developers
to receive an open push standard to forward via the native push messaging
mechanisms.