[guardian-dev] Computers, Freedom & Privacy Conference in DC in June

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Sat May 18 14:48:21 EDT 2013

I have been thinking about having a "one time account" or "burner chat" option that would create a new randomly named account via xmpp registration api, and then provide a method for sharing that name via Bluetooth or NFC or just via display on screen.

The user story is this: we meet in person, and want to create new clean identities to communicate online moving forward. We both create burner accounts on the same or different xmpp service and then using one of the methods mentioned above, we exchange handles/addresses and OTR key fingerprints. We can repeat this process as often as we meet in person.

+n