[guardian-dev] [OpenITP Dev] What Opportunities Exist in your Org?

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Thu May 30 15:03:10 EDT 2013

BELOW is how I am responding to this email. I will send it tomorrow
(Friday), so please edit or give me feedback by then.

Sandra:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> As you may be aware, we have been hosting several events throughout the
> world, and one of the questions I get is "how do I get involved." I am
> starting to compile a list of volunteer opportunities at various
> tools/orgs so I can share with individuals.
>
> Can you email me any opp and/or appropriate links?
>
> Sandy

Hi Sandy,

For Guardian Project, we've several ways people could get involved. I've
broken them out below:

-= Everyone =-

Regardless of how you think you can help, please reach out to us. We
want to hear from you!

Join our mailing lists, and send an email introducing yourself and what
you think you'd like to help on or what you can offer.
https://guardianproject.info/contact/

Also, join us in IRC on irc.freenode.net in #guardianproject

-= Translators =-

If you speak a non-English language, then help us translate our apps
into your language!

https://www.transifex.com/accounts/profile/guardianproject/

-= Developers =-

Our primary development happens at our dev site:
https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects

A dev can look at the issues for a project their interested in, and see
if any are interesting.

All our source code repos are available:
https://github.com/guardianproject

Interested in hacking on an app? Shoot us an email to the guardian-dev
mailing list or ask on IRC.

We are even looking for part-time and full-time developers to hire!
https://guardianproject.info/contact/join/

-= Testers =-

If you're excited about trying out new releases of Guardian Project
apps, and would be willingly to answer questions, run buggy code, and
give us feedback, then check out:

https://guardianproject.info/contact/alpha-testers-apply-here/

~abel