[guardian-dev] ChatSecure v12 RC2 (12.6.3)

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Oct 16 07:45:07 EDT 2013

Abel Luck <abel at guardianproject.info> wrote:
>Nathan, and everyone on the list, what do you think of the following?

The decision we made was to keep the Google Play app as is with the existing key, and then release the APKs directly on our site and fdroid repo with the new, stronger key. If we could sign with both the old and new key we would try that as well.

At this point, I felt it was more important to easily upgrade our existing users than to combat the semi-theoretical RSA 1024 signing key issue.

+n