[guardian-dev] [liberationtech] Randomize MAC of Android phone?

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Sun Oct 20 02:36:51 EDT 2013

Hi!

On 11:32 Sat 19 Oct     , Jerzy Łogiewa wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to randomize wifi MAC of Andorid phone on power up? On notebook I do this and (with tor connection) it is little helpful for lses tracking in cafes, airports + so on.

You might want to set UseEntryGuards to 0 in your torrc. By default tor will
use "static" entry nodes. In your case it might allow others to fingerprint
your tor client and therefore track you.

If you want to know more, take a look at blog.torproject.org . There were
quite a few interesting posts about entryguards recently.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com