[guardian-dev] OpenPGP Keychain 2.1 with new API

Dominik Schürmann dominik at dominikschuermann.de
Mon Sep 16 10:31:00 EDT 2013

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your feedback. This helps getting forward :)

On 16.09.2013 15:44, Oliver Gasser wrote:
> Regarding PGP/MIME and the API's (future) support for it: Did you
> envision that PGP/MIME encryption/signing would also be handled by
> IOpenPgpService.signAndEncrypt()? How would you signal this (parameter
> or maybe different function "signAndEncryptMime()")?

I am not sure if we need to differentiate. The actual handling of MIME
should be solely done on k9mail's side in my opinion. The content parts
of MIME emails are normal ascii armored (Radix-64) OpenPGP conform
content. Do I miss something?

> The comment of IOpenPgpService.decryptAndVerify() states, that it
> handles also the case of signature only. What about encryption only?
> There should be something like
> OpenPgpSignatureResult.SIGNATURE_NOT_AVAILABLE. Is this what
> OpenPgpSignatureResult.SIGNATURE_UNKNOWN is for? Some more documentation
> about the constants would be great :-)

You are right. I added more documentation to these classes:
https://github.com/dschuermann/openpgp-keychain/blob/master/OpenPGP-Keychain/src/org/openintents/openpgp/IOpenPgpService.aidl
https://github.com/dschuermann/openpgp-keychain/blob/master/OpenPGP-Keychain/src/org/openintents/openpgp/OpenPgpSignatureResult.java

So encrypted-only content have signatureResult=null in callback's
onSuccess() after decryptAndVerify().
I renamed SIGNATURE_UNKNOWN to SIGNATURE_UNKNOWN_PUB_KEY

Regards
Dominik