[guardian-dev] otr4j vs. java-otr

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Sep 16 12:17:07 EDT 2013

On Sep 16, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> On 09/14/2013 10:04 AM, Kern, Steffen wrote:
>> Is there a big difference between the otr4j-gibberbot-version and the jitsi-/google-/redsolution-otr4j-implementation?
> The google one is the original project.
>
> The redsolution is from the Xabber project, and includes the SMP support.
>
> The Jitsi seems the MOST up to date, with support for new Maven project
> types, etc.
>
> I would go with the Jitsi version.

Looks like the jitsi repo has been blessed by the original creators as the new main repo:

UPDATE! New project home: http://github.com/gpolitis/otr4j

If you click on http://github.com/gpolitis/otr4j, it takes you to https://github.com/jitsi/otr4j

Sounds like ChatSecure should switch over to that repo, and we should aim to get our patches into it :)