[guardian-dev] UI Sketch for KeySync

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Sep 17 20:49:21 EDT 2013

It would be nice to make it that simple, but that UI would actually the normal
use harder. For most users, my UI would only ever require a single click (the
Sync button). The idea behind the single screen is that the app will
auto-detect as much of the user's setup as possible. It turns out that for the
basic users, it should all be auto-detectable. Also for more complicated
setups, it will often be only a single click. Let's say someone uses Jitsi in
GNU/Linux, Adium on Mac OS X, and ChatSecure on Android. If the user is in
GNU/Linux and plugs in the phone, then KeySync will be able to detect the
phone and Jitsi. The user can then choose the Adium files from their Mac disk
(KeySync could remember that choice). Then clicking Sync will do a 2-way sync
between Jitsi and Adium, and export to ChatSecure at the same time.

.hc