[guardian-dev] Building Android GPG on OS X

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Thu Apr 3 14:50:04 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<hans at guardianproject.info> wrote:

> Building the native bits on OSX most likely will not work.  Its a patches
> welcome situation, we all work on Debian/Ubuntu for the most part.  Its just a
> lot easier to do Android native stuff on Debian/Ubuntu than anything else.  I
> recommend using an Ubuntu VM for building the native builds.  That said, if
> you are up for taking on fixing it for OSX, I'm happy to answer questions.

I think it should work.  Also, a *lot* of really good developers (not
me) live on OS X, so it’s worth some investment of time.  Yeah, if
need be I’ll make a VM but I’m not giving up just yet.   Most recent
problem was inconsistency between gnu-sed & OS X sed.  I’ll keep the
diary up to date as I go along and even if not all of these get fixed,
I’ll post it somewhere so it’ll be on the record.