[guardian-dev] deterministic, repeatable build of LilDebi

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Apr 23 15:45:35 EDT 2014

On 04/23/2014 03:22 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:
> On 23/04/14 20:05, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> So I faketime is not freezing time, I'm using faketime v0.8.  Arg.
>> You can test if time is moving forward here: faketime "2014-04-23
>> 15:25:39" sh -c "while true; do date; sleep 1; done"
>
> This works if I add -f before the timestamp.

That looks like the final detail!  I'm even getting the exact same
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, only the two signature files are different.  They also
have the exact same number of bytes.  Still different hashes though.  The sort
order of the files is the same, just the timestamps of the files in the zip
are different.

'ant debug' does not like frozen time.  It should be possible to change the
timestamps of the files before being zipped up into the jar using 'touch'.
The files seem to all be staged in bin/ beforehand.