[guardian-dev] Stripe Open-Source Retreat Grant

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Apr 26 15:03:39 EDT 2014

A friend just forwarded this to me.  For anyone in the Bay Area wanting to
work on free software out of Stripe' SF office, and get some money to boot,
apply by May 31st. Seems like Guardian Project related stuff might fit, since
Stripe does mobile payments.

https://stripe.com/blog/stripe-open-source-retreat

Here's a snippet:
We rely on a lot of open-source software at Stripe, and over time we’ve
contributed back our own share of patches and projects. We decided we’d like
to do more, though, so we’re launching an open-source retreat program.

We’ll give a grant to a small number of developers to come to San Francisco to
work full-time on an open-source project for a period of 3 months. They’ll
have space in our SF office. We’ll ask that they give a couple of internal
tech talks over the course of the program (ideally focused on what they’re
working on), but otherwise it’ll be no-strings-attached.

We’re looking for projects where this grant can make an especially large
difference. Maybe it’s a rapidly-growing project where the maintainer can
currently barely find time for bugfixes. Maybe it’s a crazy experimental idea
that needs to be tried out in practice. Or maybe it’s some infrastructure that
every company currently builds in-house.