[guardian-dev] Orbot on Genymotion images

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Aug 29 07:26:56 EDT 2014

On 08/28/2014 12:35 PM, Cedric Jeanneret wrote:
> Apparently, orbot ships binaries for ARM, as they don't seem to start on
> my image.
>
> Any chance to get some i686-oriented orbot version?

Sure. If you have any interest or time, we just need to modify the
Orbot/external/Makefile to make the appropriate calls to the x86 NDK
toolchain... currently ARM is hard coded.

> By the way: how do YOU test your apps? Do you have a bunch of devices
> with different android versions? Or using the official AVD? Or any other
> solution?

Other than the human run smoke tests we do for each public build, we
have a few tests that run on our Jenkins build server, which can support
the basic emulator type install and monkey tests.

We have also been experimenting with AppThwack for cloud-based actual
device automated testing. Here is a sample result for Orbot with junit
tests:
https://appthwack.com/public/b67bb7935d4ee0482f5b1080f?view_mode=highlights&highlights_view_mode=highlights_by_type

Finally, we have been looking into building our own hardware testing
system based on something like RATS: http://www.testrats.com/