[guardian-dev] Fwd: [messaging] Release of OpenKeychain 2.8 for Android

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Aug 29 14:35:44 EDT 2014

Looks quite nice!  Just gave it a quick try.  The UX is definitely a lot
better.  A couple of little details:

* when creating a key, the "name" text field does not seem to be set to handle
names (i.e. android:inputType="textPersonName")

* the default hash algorithm shouldn't be SHA-512 since that is unnecessary
and not widely supported.  SHA-256 is a better choice for a default.  There
was a discussion on one of the gnupg lists where Werner said to stick with
SHA-256.

.hc