[guardian-dev] Fwd: [messaging] Release of OpenKeychain 2.8 for Android

str4d str4d at i2pmail.org
Fri Aug 29 23:29:05 EDT 2014

Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: 	[messaging] Release
> of OpenKeychain 2.8 for Android Date: 	Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:48:12
> -0700 From: 	zaki at manian.org <zaki at manian.org> To: 	messaging
> <messaging at moderncrypto.org>
>

> Hi all, this should be on interest to the group.
>
> The OpenKeychain project has made enormous progress in the making
> usable PGP available on Android. It appears to be a great
> improvement over APG and the Guardian Project's GnuPG efforts on
> Android.

I am very annoyed by this. It is exactly the kind of
easy-to-understand UI that I have been painfully trying to develop on
my own for Bote, and now there's a beautiful example of what I wanted
and I can't go and copy it because it wouldn't feel right, so I need
to rethink my entire design. Why must there be people developing
security software who actually understand UX?!

*removes tongue from cheek* Excellent job, OpenKeychain devs :)

str4d