[guardian-dev] It's time to migrate to Android Studio

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Tue Dec 9 20:21:23 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<hans at guardianproject.info> wrote:

> What's the path of least resistance for switching?

You can just add some build.gradle files for you existing projects and
not change the project structure at all so eclipse should still work
with them.  This is how StoryMaker was done.  We ended up not doing
that with one of our new dependancy libraries (liger) so it won't work
full right this moment, but you should be able to at least see how the
build files work.

> My experiences with
> Android SDK and tools makes me fear this upgrade.

Yeah, that's fair.

> I really am not looking
> forward to wasting a whole day changing to something that looks like a remixed
> version of Eclipse, but maybe I'm being too pessimistic...

It so, so, so, so much better than eclipse.

> Maybe its time for me to finally make the leap to doing my Android work with
> emacs :)

Luddite.

-J