[guardian-dev] ChatSecure: setCompressionEnabled() in XmppConnection.initConnectionAndLogin()

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Dec 12 10:20:36 EST 2014

I'm trying to write tests for the XMPP Connection config stuff, to make sure
that the pins are working for the supported domains, and the cipher suites are
being test. And I'm wondering whether I can move this line into initConnection():

    //disable compression based on statement by Ge0rg
    mConfig.setCompressionEnabled(false);

Its odd because its the only ConnectionConfiguration item that is set after
the ConnectionConfiguration instance is handed to the XMPPConnection.  Does
this have to be?  Can I move this line to before the ConnectionConfiguration
is given to the XMPPConnection, i.e.:

    mConfig.setCompressionEnabled(false);
    mConnection = new MyXMPPConnection(mConfig)

https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x9F0FE587374BBE81