[guardian-dev] NetCipher and HttpURLConnection

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Mon Feb 10 20:25:14 EST 2014

Hi all,

I had a few questions about NetCipher.  We wanted to get the official
Facebook SDK working with TOR and it uses the stock HttpURLConnection
stack, not Apache.

First off, is there a reason we support only Apache's http libs?
Other than "engineering time" of course.

Also, I notice that we include our own build of the jar in the
NetCipher libs/ (httpclientandroidlib-1.1.2.jar), is there a reason
for this rather than just using the one that ships in Android AOSP?

Thanks

-Josh