[guardian-dev] detecting mobile phone location

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Feb 12 19:43:55 EST 2014

I am very skeptical that any mobile device is equipped with a WiFI radio than
can emit more than 100mW.  Such wifi radios are quite rare in WiFI APs and
laptops, so in mobile devices, where battery life is a big concern, it would
make no sense to use a less efficient, higher wattage radio.  What you see in
the software interface is not necessarily related to what the radio is
actually doing.

.hc