[guardian-dev] detecting mobile phone location

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Thu Feb 13 01:04:29 EST 2014

Hi,

> that wifi still radiates a unique ID (the MAC address).  But if you use a MAC
> changer, then you can change the MAC address every time the device uses a
> different wifi, and that will make it very difficult to track.

I think there is another problem. I assume that "ordinary" people in
Darfur usually do not have mobile phones. So if there is a mobile device
there, you can assume there is some important person there.

So you do not need to perform IMEI/IMSI identification. So it is quite
possible that Sudan government sends airplanes for each mobile phone
they detect...

Regards,
M.