[guardian-dev] Guardian Project Developer Tools Survey

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Thu Feb 13 11:32:42 EST 2014

Hey everyone. We are looking for some feedback on our developer tools
(aka https://guardianproject.info/code) and on the needs of mobile
developers in general when it comes to enhancing the privacy and
security capability of their apps. We are working on planning our next
five years of work, and getting feedback on the last few years of
effort is very important in that process. We appreciate any thoughts
you can provide.

Here is the Google Form, or you can just answer by responding to the
questions in the email below.

Google Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1d-_EGGY76dhkPbYlcOrDgNzARITRAwzrV6ChJY59lIc/viewform

***

Guardian Project Developer Tools Survey

* Required
Are you using any of the following libraries in your projects? *
  SQLCipher-for-Android
 NetCipher/OnionKit
 IOCipher
 Gnu Privacy Guard for Android
 Cacheword
Please give some details about how you used these libraries *

How useful do you find these libraries? *
1
2
3
4
5
Not Useful
Select a value from a range of 1,Not Useful, to 5,Very Useful,.

Very Useful
Where they intuitive and easy to use? *
1
2
3
4
5
Not Useful
Select a value from a range of 1,Not Useful, to 5,Very Useful,.

Very Useful
How much do you trust them to provide security and privacy? *
1
2
3
4
5
Not Useful
Select a value from a range of 1,Not Useful, to 5,Very Useful,.

Very Useful
How well documented? *
1
2
3
4
5
Not Useful
Select a value from a range of 1,Not Useful, to 5,Very Useful,.

Very Useful
How you concerned about the security of your app? *
  Yes
 No
If so, how do these libraries address those worries? *

Do you spread the word or tell anyone about these libraries? *
  Yes
 No
If you answered "No" to the above question, why not?

Are you concerned about your app respecting users' privacy?
  Yes
 No
Please tell us some of the specific privacy concerns you have looked
to solve with this tools.