[guardian-dev] Two interesting applications

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Feb 24 08:52:45 EST 2014

On 02/24/2014 08:09 AM, Matej Kovacic wrote:
> I haven't checked Telegram, but it seems it has very nice user
> interface. Secret Chats option is interesting, ChatSecure could
> implement that through Tor...

While the Telegram protocol itself and its closed source centralized
servers have received a lot of criticism, I agree the user interface is
quite nice. They in fact had a contest for their Android user interface,
which isn't a bad idea at all, as well!

Otherwise, we are looking at other non-XMPP protocols moving forward,
especially to achieve completely hidden chat's, say through Tor Hidden
Services, as you mentioned.

+n