[guardian-dev] Blackphone "in stock"

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Mon Feb 24 12:23:12 EST 2014

Lee Azzarello wrote:
> The Blackphone secure smartphone product is labeled as "in stock" for
> a price of US$629, though the shipping carrier they partnered with
> seems to take 4 months to deliver the product. DHL?

   That's a neat trick -- pretend something is in stock but that the
demand is so high that it will take four months to get one. ;P

   My discussions with SC devs make me incredibly suspicious of
blackphone's security, and Silent Circle doesn't have the best history
when it comes to transparency.  Grain of salt.

best,
Griffin