[guardian-dev] Tor isolating proxy - or how to prevent "friendly fire"

Timur Mehrvarz timur.mehrvarz at riseup.net
Tue Jan 7 10:28:59 EST 2014

On 07.01.2014 13:10, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> Orbot v13 release candidate 1 is available for direct download:
>
> APK: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v13.0.0-RC1.apk
> sig: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v13.0.0-RC1.apk.asc
>
> and later today, our F-Droid repo and Google Play.
>
> As mentioned before, this release is built on Tor 0.2.4.20, OpenSSL
> 1.0.1e, and XTables v1.4.21... all the latest bling across the board.

I would like to use a single app over Tor in Socks or HTTP proxy mode.
And I would like all other installed apps to NOT be able to use the
established network connection in parallel - neither plain nor Tor.

I use DroidWall to disable network access for many apps, where
connectivity is never needed or wanted. But how do I prevent all other
apps, those that I do use occasionally with Internet access, as well as
the OS itself or any installed framework from being able to "phone home"
(looking for updates or whatever) while I'm in a Tor session?

I have identified "Alarm events" to be part of the problem. More
background here:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/111010-privacy-on-android-possible/page-2#entry1596913

Timur

-- Another way to explain what I want: